Oops, I’m a day late.
Books read in April:
- Sum: Forty tales from the Afterlives. David Eagleman.
- Seraphina. Rachel Hartman.
- Tropic of Serpents: A Memoir by Lady Trent. Marie Brennan.
- The Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland and Cut the Moon in Two. Catherynne M. Valente.
- Blood of Tyrants. Naomi Novik.
- Tooth and Claw. Jo Walton.
- Dragon Keeper. Robin Hobb. (50%)
This month’s theme of choice was dragons. All but the first book on the list feature dragons in some form or fashion, ranging from a half-dragon, half-library ‘wyverary’ in The Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland, to having the entire cast of characters be dragons in Tooth and Claw. I’ve always loved dragons and I enjoyed exploring new books and discovering new authors. Some were duds (like Dragon Keeper, I just couldn’t stand the prose), and others were simply fantastic. Seraphina was my favourite by far, followed by Tooth and Claw and Dragon Slippers (which was finished today, so will be included in May’s list).
Of course, now I have to decide what I’m going to read over the weekend and then what to bring with me when traveling. Some massive tome that will last a few weeks? Or several smaller books? Books I want to read but don’t mind leaving behind in an airport or hotel? (Though, that might prove difficult, for I am very like a dragon when it comes to my hoard.) Decisions, decisions…