OK, I know I ranted about cleaning schedules earlier and how unrealistic they are, but I suppose I have my own random super-planning schedules, too…
I’ve already started going into ‘tunnel mode’ in order finish my thesis. The only way I’ve been feeding myself the past few months is by eating out or because my mom and F. have been cooking for me. I just haven’t had the mental energy to come home and then figure out what I’m going to eat. Since he isn’t going to be here to cook for me daily, last week F. did a LOT of batch cooking and has stocked up my freezer with a month’s worth of frozen meals.
- 10 servings of ratatouillie,
- 6 servings of potato & carrot pasties,
- 6 servings of roast tomato & spinach pasta sauce,
- 4 servings of sugarsnap & savoy stir fry,
- 2 servings of leek & courgette stir fry,
- 2 servings of vegetable lasagne.
Basically, the goal is to not cook dinner for myself until I submit my thesis. Since he’s made thirty (30!) freezer meals, I think that’s going to be possible!
See? My absurd planning goes into organising my work and planning my meals. I’ve prepared for September, and I’ve started planning October, too…
I’m pretty much set to only cook once a week in order to have soups for lunch for the next two months.* (Friends, send me your favourite soup recipes so I don’t get bored with the same old same old!)
Any suggestions for more batch cooking for October and November?
* The produce stall at church yesterday was selling jars of soup! I got a jar with three servings of curried parsnip soup. One less thing to cook this week.