No photo this week because I forgot to take one. But the good news is that my frittata came out looking exactly like the one in the picture from BBC Good Food.
I also followed this recipe exactly — for once I had everything in the recipe. So, copied from BBC Good Food:
Ricotta, tomato, and spinach frittata
(From BBC Good Food)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion , finely sliced
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- 100g spinach leaves
- small handful basil leaves
- 100g ricotta
- 6 eggs , beaten
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the onion for 5-6 mins until softened and lightly golden. Add the tomatoes and toss for 1 min to soften.
2. Remove from the heat, add the spinach leaves and basil, and toss together to wilt a little. Transfer all the ingredients to a greased 30cm x 20cm rectangular baking tin. Take small scoops of the ricotta and dot over the vegetables.
3. Season the eggs and beat well, then pour over the vegetables and cheese. Cook in the oven for 20-25 mins until pale golden and set.
Serve with salad. Enjoy!