I wanted chocolate pudding. I was feeling picky though, and wanted real chocolate pudding, thick and creamy and American-style. When I searched for chocolate pudding recipes, I kept finding these weird steamed cake things. That’s what the British call ‘chocolate pudding’.
Then I stumbled upon this recipe from Cadbury.
Dark Chocolate Pudding
(Adapted from Cadbury’s Rich Dark Chocolate Pots)
Serves 2-4, depending how greedy you are
- 100g Bourneville dark chocolate (or any dark chocolate)
- 150ml double cream
- a handful of chocolate chips
1. Melt the Bournville in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Remove from the heat and cool a little.
2. Whip the cream until just starting to thicken then fold in the chocolate.
3. Divide between 4 small ramekins or small glasses. Chill for 1-2 hours. Serve with a sprinkling of chocolate chips.
It’s good chilled, but once it has warmed up a bit it’s heaven. Mm.