Books read in May:
- The Wee Free Men. Terry Pratchett.
- Zoo City. Lauren Beukes.
- Flight of Blue (beta). A. E. Howard.
- House of the Scorpion. Nancy Farmer.
- Tales of Beedle the Bard. J. K. Rowling.
- Luka and the Fire of Life. Salman Rushdie.
- Tongues of Serpents. Naomi Novik.
Best new read: House of the Scorpion
Best books in a series: Tongues of Serpents
Of course, I have lots of new books to add to my unread books because today is my birthday. It’s been a lovely day so far (despite the weather), with presents, a yummy French toast and bacon breakfast, and watching Wall-E while the steak for dinner marinates in a Make-Me-Crazy-Marinade from my new Los Barrios Family Cookbook: Tex-Mex Recipes from the Heart of San Antonio (thanks Mom and Chris!), to be followed by birthday drinks at the pub with friends.
Also, thanks to Kelly I have my very own medieval tapestry pillow cushion, inspired by the ‘Hearing‘ tapestry in the Cluny Unicorn Tapestries. Hooray!
I think Twenty-Seven is going to be a good year. Not a prime number, but divisible by nine and three, which are also good numbers. Here’s to another year!