Believe it or not, I did find time to read in November. Books read:
- Medieval romance and the construction of heterosexuality. Louise M. Sylvester.
- The loathly lady in “Thomas of Erceldoune”. William P. Albrecht.
- The Song of Roland. Glyn Burgess, ed.
- Fairies in Medieval Romance. James Wade.
- Voices. Ursula K. Le Guin.
- Bellwether. Connie Willis.
- Edgewood. Kelly R. Ledbetter.
Best (only) epic: The Song of Roland
Best (only) sequel: Voices
Best new read: Edgewood
No, I’m not just being biased since Edgewood was written by my best friend. It really is one of the best fantasy novels I’ve read: not only well written, but with beautiful description, excellent storytelling, and a fresh and original story. I inhaled it (I had to, since she only finished it yesterday!). Our novels are going to be competing against each other in the very near future, and I fully expect her to succeed. Well done, Kelly! I look forward to rereading it several more times in the next few months.