The other day while talking books with Casey (always an enjoyable past-time), the subject came up regarding how much non-SFF I read, and I couldn’t remember at the time the titles I have read this year. So, in my defense, I have consulted my reading list and six of the fifteen fiction books I have read thus far in 2010 have been neither science-fiction nor fantasy:
– Morality Play by Barry Unsworth.
– The Cellist of Sarajevo by Steven Galloway.
– Parnassus on Wheels by Christopher Morley.
– Searoad: Chronicles of Klatsand by Ursula K. Le Guin.
– Run by Ann Patchett.
– The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
And I am currently reading If on a winter’s night a traveler by Italo Calvino. (The rest of the breakdown? 4 science-fiction, 5 fantasy.)
‘So there’; I do read contemporary/modern/non-genre fiction.