My dear friend Kelly recounts the books she reads each month, and I, as I tend to do, have decided to follow her example. Thus, beginning with this first month of a new year, I present to you the books I have read:
- Morality Play by Barry Unsworth.
- Genesis by Bernard Beckett.
- The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupéry.
- The Cellist of Sarajevo by Steven Galloway.
- Odd and the Frost Giants by Neil Gaiman.
- Parnassus on Wheels by Christopher Morley.
- The Dispossessed by Ursula K. Le Guin.
- Neuromancer by William Gibson.
- The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner.
- Searoad: Chronicles of Klatsand by Ursula K. Le Guin.
- Mort by Terry Pratchett.
- Run by Ann Patchett.
- The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
I have read so many books this month only because it has been a month of leisure. The first six books were read whilst staying with Kelly; indeed, four of those books are from her library.
Tomorrow starts both a new month and a new semester as I return to work in the hallowed halls of 66. No doubt that we shall find that my list for next month will include a few medieval titles…