Ahem.

Where my loyalties lie:

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

Advertisements

15 thoughts on “Ahem.

• Chera says:

But— what about Edward oiling Bella’s window so that he could open it without waking her up? I’m sorry, but that’s creepy in my book. And he calls himself a stalker in Chapter 4 of Midnight Sun: “Like a stalker. An obsessed stalker. An obsessed, vampire stalker.” (see, I’ve started to do my homework.)

I know Buffy was in love with a vampire — two vampires. Though I don’t think Buffy’s relationships were portrayed as being Luv, so Epic and Twu. 😉

• Chera says:

They weren’t abbreviations. It was a silly way of saying “Love, so Epic and True.” As for the window oiling: when Edward opens her window the first time, he thinks that he should get some oil for the future, and then there is a corresponding line in ‘Twilight’ about how Bella is surprised that the window opens so easily without her having opened it for years. I don’t have page numbers, sorry…

• Katherine says:

Actually, I do think Angel and Buffy’s love is love, so epic and true. When she is with Spike, it certainly isn’t, at least on her part.
        Are you referring to that line in the movie? Or have you started reading the book? I think Bella’s comment could be answered by Edward’s strength.

1. Katherine says:

Also, I don’t think it is fair to quote from Midnight Sun, as that is an unfinished work. Meyer abandoned it after someone leaked it without her permission. I would consider that “non-canonical.”

2. Chera says:

Well, regardless of whether he oiled the window or not, breaking in and watching her sleep is still creeper in my book. Not even once is okay. I don’t think you would want me to read them. I looked at them in bookstores before I knew anyone who had actually read them or made the connection between the elegant book display and Fan Mania Mayhem, even before I realized that the movie trailer was from an actual book, in fact these books, and the writing style made me cringe. Remember how I was when I was reading ‘The Scarlet Pimpernel’? That book was short, so I could handle not liking the writing style. And I’m obviously biased. And stubborn. If I do end up reading the first one, it would be out of horrified curiosity.

From my years-distant-recollection, I got the sense that Buffy/Angel were ill-fated, star-crossed, but that isn’t quite the same as So Epic and True. But I also recall not paying attention to that story line.

[Yes, Everyone Else, I didn’t like ‘The Scarlet Pimpernel’. Well, I liked him alright, he was the only sensible character. It should have been told from his point of view. And still have been a mystery. Now that would take talent and would be a book worth reading.]

3. Megan says:

Hahaha, this is great. (I was confused by the bit where he died and vanished and then saw the credits- I must admit that I hadn’t realized that this is the same guy who played Cedric Diggory. I knew that I knew his face somewhere!)

I never really watched Buffy, but I still loved seeing her kick Edward’s creepy butt. And yes, he is a creeper. Anyone who watches a girl sleeping, especially going through her window without her knowledge, multiple times, is a creeper. If it doesn’t bother Bella, then whatever- may she be happy with him, and if fans like his stalker attentions, fine, but you must admit it’s stalker-like. If he came anywhere near my window or had looked like he was simultaneousonsly constipated and gagging next to me in class, I would want to stake him, too.